Audit Manager, Assurance and Advisory
As Audit Manager, the position requires that the candidate successfully provide service to the client and be the go between the Partner and the Staff. The Audit Manager will be responsible for managing various auditing and accounting projects simultaneously. The Candidate must be able to successfully coordinate all client engagements, scheduling and staffing. The Audit Manager will oversee the development and training of professional staff and develop new business for the Firm. But most importantly maintain and develop client relationships.
Our client is a one of the most well established, full service Accounting Firms in the Los Angeles-area with a strong presence in other states. It provides accounting services to variety of businesses sectors with a diverse client base.
The partners and managers are very involved in their team’s success so that individual growth and development is recognized based on each professional achievement.
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation, or review engagement including engagement letter preparation for Partner’s approval
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the Firm's philosophy and its opinions on financial matters
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year and possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of their business
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills necessary for carrying out assurance engagements and advising clients
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to clients
- Ensures that financial statements, reviews, and deliverables are prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise
- Plans, schedules and staff’s engagements using Firm policies and procedures
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff
- Keeps Partner informed of all the important developments on engagement while analyzing problems and recommends solutions
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training and reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff
- Adheres to engagement time budgets and adheres to accurate and timely billing and collection processes as well as prepares invoices to clients, communicates details of fees to clients, and assists in collection of overdue accounts
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible audit or other legislation that could affect the business climate
- Responsible for the development, coaching and training of audit team
- Must be familiar with the qualifications of all Assurance & Advisory staff members for the development and instruction of their training needs
- Participates in performance reviews and evaluations of accounting professionals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in use of computers, computer accounting software, and audit software programs
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner
- Demonstrated ability to bring in new business to a CPA Firm
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task
- Frequent same day travel for work at clients' offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January 1 to April 15, may be in excess of 55 hours per week
- Generally, requires five (5) to seven (7) years' experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in complexity, scope, and number of engagements managed
- Minimum of one to two (1-2) years' experience in a management position
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or Master's degree in accounting
- Minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing professional education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills
- A current and valid CPA license is required
- SEC or Not-for-Profit experience highly preferred
- Participates in career development programs to improve managerial, communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple engagements/multi-task
- Desire to mentor/train staff
- Desire to do business development
This job description does not list all the duties of the job, but just provides an overview.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time or Contract
Application Questions. Please provide your answers to these questions when you submit your application.
- How many years of management position experience do you have?
- How many years of public accounting in audit experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CPA Active?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Job #: TAH20190425C
Location: Los Angeles
Job Type: Perm or Contract
Experience Level: Manager