Currently seeking a Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Manager to join a BSA/AML Compliance team in Southern California: Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego. The incumbent will have at least 5-10 years of AML/BSA/OFAC regulations experience and a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field.
Responsibilities of BSA Manager:
- Supports the AML/BSA/OFAC Officer in ensuring the proper execution of the BSA/AML/OFAC Program. Collaborates with the BSA Officer on quarterly and annual strategic planning priorities.
- In coordination with the BSA Officer, develops and tracks the BSA team and program metrics.
- Under the direction of the BSA Officer, leads regulatory compliance training efforts for all employees.
- Conducts secondary reviews and act as the escalation conduit for all due diligence and investigation reviews, providing guidance and feedback to BSA team members as needed.
- Conducts fraud risk assessments across business legal entities and programs, identifies changes in risks and updates a fraud risk profile and participate and lead fraud-related thematic reviews.
- Monitors programs designed to detect, investigate, and report potentially suspicious transactions, fraud and other possible violations of laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Reviews new account records and document files, as well as account activity for all customers to ensure the customer-type is acceptable to the Bank and fits within the Bank's BSA/AML risk profile, as well as to detect customer identification issues and to ensure proper risk identification and applicable customer risk rating.
- Monitors, investigates and documents outcomes of OFAC concerns.
- Assists in preparing various management reports; in addition to annual required regulatory reporting.
- Understands key requirements from external entities such as auditors and regulators and ensure procedures are implemented and maintained to meet these requirements.
- Assists the BSA Officer in preparation for regulatory examinations and independent audits, assist in completing periodic BSA/AML/OFAC risk assessments.
- Stays abreast with industry news and regulatory updates.
- 5-10 years of experience in BSA/AML
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline required
- Experience dealing with the risks of banking high-risk retail business customers, including MSBs is a plus
- Project management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel and ERP system skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- A team player
- Strong work ethic
Job #: TAH20190425
Location: Los Angeles
Job Type: Permanent/Contract
Experience Level: Manager Level